Blogger Templates

Saturday 31 March 2012

Olympics

So I had some brilliant news this week, I am going to be a pointe dancer in the closing ceremony of the Olympics in August!

I originally went to the open audition in February, where there were quite a few people who just did dance as a hobby and had never been to an audition before. I really felt like I had the upper hand, and I felt so much more confident than I normally would do in an open call.

They then asked me if I could do pointe work, and invited me to another audition later in the week at the same venue, with the same people running the audition. This gave me lots of confidence as I felt familiar in the space, and knowing the style of the choreographers.

Looking back and assessing the situation, this has made my decision clear for my enquiry about confidence and stakes.

I was so much happier being in a situation where I knew my surroundings, and it being familiar and this is what I would like to look at in my enquiry.

Bring on August! :D

6 comments:

  1. Dear Emma, CONGRATULATIONS!! 2 of my friends are carrying the Olympic Torch, but this sounds amazing. I hope all goes well.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma Congratulations what an amazing opportunity for you! The atmosphere is going to be unreal! Good luck and look forward to hearing more about it and your inquiry!
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Emma, what a fabulous experience for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!! I can't wait to start rehearsing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic opportunity. Congratulations Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Wonderful to have someone who can give us all first hand impressions of such a big event.

    ReplyDelete