Blogger Templates

Saturday 5 November 2011

WOW, time does fly by so quickly!!! (my thoughts and a little bit of task 2a)

So, even though I have been doing my uni work with journals etc...I seem to not have put any of my thoughts on my blog.
I know the reason for this is because I am writing all my thoughts on a regular basis as part of section 2, and assuming that everyone knows this!! (fail!)
I think blogging and my journal writing will become so much easier now to maintain as I am writing this blog to you all on my new shiny macbook pro :) it's such a joy to use, that I will want to be on it all the time, so never fear....my blogs shall be a lot more frequent from this day forward!
I also have downloaded the 'blogger' app for my iPhone, so blogging on the go will be so easy too!
It's something I would recommend to all smart phone users as I know I'm not the only one (from reading all your lovely blogs today) that is busy and finds it difficult to keep up to date!
The only annoying thing is that it will let you write a blog, but not see what other's have written...so good for keeping your own page up and running, but not so good for commenting!

Anyway...back to the task at hand, and I am actually really enjoying writing about my day. I have still only stuck to my format, and haven't tried other frameworks that are in the reader. At first, I found it difficult to convey what I had actually done in my day that was of any interest, but now with practice it has become so much easier. I've found I have created almost a check list throughout the day that I add to when I know I want to put something in my blog so I remember what I have done. (As often one day merges into another!) and already it has helped me and my organisation skills!! (bonus!)

I shall write another blog tomorrow as I am off to see some fireworks!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hey emma
    Welcome to both the Blogging club and the MacBook club WOOP WOOP!!! Once you go Mac you'll never go back...I literally just made that up...you can use it if you like.
    The Blogger Ap is awesome to keep your own page as you say up to date but if you combine this with either Google reader or the Ap called Byline (small fee) you can obviously be up dated as to people that you are followings new posts and from there you can link to that persons page and leave comments (as long as you have wi fi, if just on 3G you cannot leave a comment, as far as i have found yet - let me know if you find a way).
    Your Blog site looks great by the way. It makes me feel instantly energised and if your site is any kind of reflection of your personality (it would be weird if it wasn't) you will make a great Dorothy. Girly, innocent and fun. Great job!
    Finally i just wanted to say that i also keep quite a comprehensive daily planner out of habit (and survival) but it helps, as you say, no end at the finish of a day to remember the events as otherwise you do forget if that conversation was yesterday of this morning. I have also taken to carrying a small note book just to write capture any deep thoughts or musing as they happen as i can never remember what that potentially brilliant insight was from earlier. Just a thought you may want to consider.
    Lovely to have you on the Blog sites darlin.
    I look forward to reading your future Entries, thoughts and discoveries.
    Stay safe -Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought about the days merging into one - it is one that I think goes with the 21st century but sometimes lead to disorientation?

    I just found this audio for the thought... 21st Century Aura - Disorientation

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvPAplvb1Wo

    ReplyDelete